Vision vs. Goals
“The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, and this you will become.”
A human without a dream is almost dead. Every person needs a reason to live and they are built up of dreams. Vision in scientific terms is to see physical things. In philosophical terms it is the ability to perceive something beyond real and creates a motivation in the perceiver to live and achieve it.
Characteristics of a Vision
- A vision is the ultimate achievement which every human expects in his lifetime
- Sometimes visions are beyond a lifetime
- A vision is a construct of various thoughts and usually not very definitive and clear
- On the pyramid of life, vision is on top and out of that is derived mission and goals
- A vision may not be achieved always
Goals from Vision
Goals are the derivatives of a vision. A goal is what translates a vision to reality. When you set small objectives that are time bound and measurable and work towards reaching your vision that is what constitutes a goal. Your vision might look vague or unrealistic but your goals should be very clear and realistic to you. This will only help you to achieve what seems unachievable. A goal has the following characteristics:
- Goals are derived from vision and are achievable milestones towards the vision
- Goals are classified as short term, medium term and long term based on the strategy to achieve the vision in the most optimized way
Vision is important for not just businesses but even individuals to succeed. It is your best future state and what you actually want to be like. True leaders believe vision to be a reality that will come to existence someday. It is palpable to them and often they are so passionate about their vision that they are ready to move mountains if need be, just to transform their vision to reality.
Word Quotient is a professional writing and translation services company that works on the foundation of pure passion. Creativity flows through our veins and is the lifeblood at Word Quotient. Quality and integrity being natural traits allows us to deliver nothing less than the best content. As an organization we respect opinions and encourage transparency, asserting this in projects we undertake and deals we make.Contact us for your creative writing needs.