The physical and mental responses to a disparity between the real and imaginary experience is called stress. When it enhances productivity it is called positive stress and in cases where stress dissipates your energy to make you less productive, it is called negative stress or depression.
Reasons for Stress
Reasons for stress vary from one to another. For someone work at office could be stressful for others it might be enjoyable. Any kind of change to which your body reacts negatively is harmful in the long run. To cope with stress, you need to discover the reasons behind it. They could be:
- Type of work
- Psychological imbalance
- Wrong food habits
- Mental Imbalance
Ways to counteract stress
Post identifying the reasons for stress you need to be vigilant and be aware of the feeling of stress. Some indicators could be; strain on different parts of the body like, eyes, neck, shoulders etc. In such circumstances, give yourself a break from the stress accelerating entity which could be an activity or a thought. Doing so will help you ease the strain away and enable you to look at the problem with a calmer and better perspective.
Here are some pointers that can help you bust the stress:
- Develop a positive approach towards life. Looking at a glass as half full than half empty is the right attitude
- Don’t avoid risks. Running away from challenging situations will only worsen the condition of stress. Pluck your courage and confront it
- Move to areas of strength. Many people continue to be disturbed by stress as they work on their weaknesses and are never able to see success or reach their potential.
- Take a break when the going gets tough. Try to pamper yourself with a good massage, a peaceful nap or yoga stretches and see how rejuvenated you feel, ready to battle whatever comes your way
- Persistence is an important skill and approach in life. The ability to not give up goals and pursue even while failure stares at you is the approach which will get you out of stressful situations
- Learn to give than to take. The higher your expectations from others the more disappointed you feel when they don’t stand up to those expectations
- Program your mind to look for positives in everything rather than negative.
- Read motivational books and keep company with successful people. Don’t be alone while in a stressful situation. Always seek company and it will get you out of stress
Word Quotient is a professional writing and translation services company that works on the foundation of pure passion. Creativity flows through our veins and is the lifeblood at Word Quotient. Quality and integrity being natural traits allows us to deliver nothing less than the best content. As an organization we respect opinions and encourage transparency, asserting this in projects we undertake and deals we make.Contact us for your creative writing needs.