Earrings are probably considered one of the most inimitable pieces of jewellery among the women folk. It is an ornament that not only enhances the beauty of the face but also adds glamour to a simple outfit. The earliest references to earrings came from Persia, although they became very famous in the United States around the 1920’s. There are various types of earrings like the stud earrings, hoop earrings, and chandelier earrings. The chandelier earrings though are the most sought after today, because they not only suit every face but also provide the correct mix of elegance with versatility. It is a trend that began in the Middle East and is now spreading its wings across the globe.
What are chandelier earrings?
Chandelier earrings are actually a slightly complicated variant of the drop earrings. They are usually made of 2 or more stones woven together like a web. The length of these earrings range from 1.5 inches to 4 inches, the most preferred length though is 1.5 inches to 3 inches. These earrings are usually about 1.5 inches to 3 inches in width too. Today these earrings are an integral part of each woman’s jewellery collection.
How to choose the best for yourself?
Every person is unique, not only in appearance but also in nature. As a result it is important to know what suits us and then pick it up. The following tips would probably assist in the best choice:
- The earrings should not be too long i.e. there should be at least 1 inch space between the bottom of the earring and the base of the neck
- People with round faces structure should ideally chose longer and slimmer earrings as they will help make the face look longer
- Women with long and thin faces should opt for earrings that are wider at the bottom
- The pair of earrings should also be chosen keeping in mind the occasion and also the time of the day when the occasion is taking place
- Short earrings for shorter hair and long earrings for longer hair
- Finally it is important to ensure that the weight of the earring is evenly spread out, just so that it isn’t too heavy on the ear
Chandelier earrings are made in a variety of styles. The metals used to make them range from the not so expensive bronze, copper, silver to the expensive metals like gold, platinum and even the sterling silver. They are usually made of two or more stones ranging from the gemstones, diamonds, pearls and so on. Hand crafted chandelier earrings are manufactured across the world, among them the sterling silver earrings are the most sought after.
Chandelier earrings today have become the jewellery of the moment not only because they help provide a sense of completeness but also because of their feel-good-look-great value.
Word Quotient is a professional writing and translation services company that works on the foundation of pure passion. Creativity flows through our veins and is the lifeblood at Word Quotient. Quality and integrity being natural traits allows us to deliver nothing less than the best content. As an organization we respect opinions and encourage transparency, asserting this in projects we undertake and deals we make.Contact us for your creative writing needs.