Cultivate and Nurture your Business Relationships
When everything is moving towards the customer centric approach, business management relies heavily on business relationships. Business relationships form the core of any business. No business can run in isolation, it needs people in and around it to make it happen. CEO of business consulting firm Ferrazzi Greenlight, Mr. Keith Ferrazzi also maintains, “Everything that a company wants to achieve happens with and through other people and those relationships are at its core. It’s all about people.”
An average executive spends most part of his work life managing relationships without really understanding or knowing them. It is important for any business to realize the importance of relationships as they fuel growth and success of a business.
Benefits of Relationships
Nurturing and preserving better business relations helps a business build competitive advantage. Some benefits that business relationships offer:
- The most important part of any team is relationship. Each member should have a cordial relationship with each other to be able to achieve maximum from the team
- Relationships define leadership. Leaders should have special focus on their relationship skills
- Trust building or trustworthy colleagues are only possible through relationships
- When it comes to customers it is very important for the sales person and the organization to have strong relationships with their customers. This defines their progress and success
- Business relationships are the platform from where people can communicate their values and thoughts.
How to Build Business Relations?
Your customers or business partners are not just a sales number but live human beings and would certainly love to be treated that way. Respect is the heart of a good relationship. If you succeed in developing a feeling of mutual trust between you and your client, it will create a future super highway for you to get more and more business.
- The first impression is important but don’t try to embark upon a pre-memorized sales pitch. Don’t schmooze, just be transparent and genuine
- Whatever you do, try to do it in the best possible manner
- Try to build mutual trust and faith
- Communication is important. Always be prompt and quick to respond either by phone, e-mails, messaging etc.
- Avoid relying on tattletales or gossips. Such conversations might make you appear untrustworthy and fickle in the eyes of your client.
- In the face of a disagreement, agree to disagree. Don’t curdle the relationship but stick to being professional.
Before you start walking down the road to cultivating and fostering long lasting and valuable business relationships, do keep in mind what American leader, William J. H. Boetcker said “Confidence is the foundation for all business relations. The degree of confidence a man has in others, and the degree of confidence others have in him, determines a man's standing in the commercial and industrial world.”
Word Quotient is a professional writing and translation services company that works on the foundation of pure passion. Creativity flows through our veins and is the lifeblood at Word Quotient. Quality and integrity being natural traits allows us to deliver nothing less than the best content. As an organization we respect opinions and encourage transparency, asserting this in projects we undertake and deals we make.Contact us for your business writing needs.